Vacant Positions/Employment Opportunities
Women's Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) Head Coach
Dunedin Gymnastic Academy (DGA) is committed and passionate about children and movement and the long-lasting benefits gym sports have on a person's life. They pride themselves on providing a positive, inclusive gymnastics community that nurtures potential and encourages success at all levels. DGA is the largest gymnastics club south of Christchurch, with around 750 registered gymnasts across all the major gymnastics programmes.
DGA is seeking a WAG Coordinator and an experienced (ideally senior level) coach to coach across the WAG programmes.
The Head Coach role is made up of two parts, with negotiable hours. The coordination administration hours are flexible. The coaching hours are within the WAG programme, (Monday to Friday after school and Saturdays during the day). There is also potential for coaching hours in other programmes within DGA. This position will ensure the Women's Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) programme continues to be delivered to a very high standard.
Key tasks include:
- Allocating coaches and gymnasts to squads
- Managing class ratios
- Be the central point of communication with WAG programme gymnasts, coaches and parents
- Reporting on the WAG programme
- Ensure coaches are adhering to policies and procedures at all times
- Timely, effective communication with gymnasts, coaching, parents and the wider Club community.
- Reports to the Coaching Director and Club Manager
With a passion for gymnastics and a desire to be part of a successful team and club, you’re looking to work in a busy environment where you can showcase your extraordinary organisational and planning skills and enjoy great job satisfaction. You enjoy fostering gymnast’s love of the sport and assisting them to achieve their goals, in a safe, healthy and responsible way.
You will be an experienced, qualified gymnastics coach with exceptional communication skills and a passion for developing future gymnasts. You will have a high level of knowledge of the gymnastic skills required to achieve and exceed in the Gymnastics New Zealand (GNZ) programmes. You’re looking for flexible working hours and are keen to utilise your coaching skills and administrative experience.
You thrive on working with people and pride yourself on your verbal and written communication skills. You will be levelheaded and display professionalism and calm in pressured situations. Being part of a wider team, whilst still able to work autonomously is exactly what you’re after. If this sounds like you… get in touch!
Key skills for this role:
- Previous experience of coaching GNZ programmes
- Junior Coach GNZ qualification achieved a minimum
- Team player
- Strong coordination and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptive to change
- Self-motivated and good time management
- Professional and reliable
- Empathetic and able to use your initiative
- Manages key stakeholder relationships
Closing date: 5pm Friday 20th December 2019
To apply please send your resume and covering letter outlining your experience in the above attributes to Carmel Leslie via email to firstname.lastname@example.org