Preschool Gymnastics: PlayGYM
Our Preschool Gymnastics programme, PlayGYM, is designed for Under 5's to have fun, explore and be challenged.
PlayGYM is a fantastic program that enhances children's’ coordination, confidence and rhythm through a variety of fun activities, utilizing specialized pre-school equipment. During our PlayGYM sessions, the gym is transformed into a preschool playground with lots of challenging circuits, set-up to encourage children to explore the following fundamental movement patterns:
- LANDINGS: Practicing safe landing techniques, enhances children's' confidence jumping from equipment
- SPRING Children have lots of opportunities to develop spring using our long tumble track trampoline, beatboards, mini trampolines and rebounders.
- SWING Children develop confidence swinging, using small handles suspended under the bars, and big rope swings as well as using the uneven bars to learning correct shapes whilst practising mini tap swings.
- LOCOMOTION PlayGYM is all about exploring movement patterns, we have lots of fun obstacle courses set up for children to spring over, crawl through and under and plenty of beams to challenge their balance. Our group activities at the start of each session provide lots of opportunities to run, jump, hop and dance
- COORDINATION SKILLS We always have a coordination station with small hand apparatus to practise bouncing, throwing, striking and catching skills to develop visual tracking, hand-eye and foot-eye coordination.
PlayGYM sessions are semi-structured, creating movement challenges for participants to explore. PlayGYM is based on the belief that 'movement and learning together are fun' and that play should provide for spontaneous free activity. Parents are involved throughout the session, supervising their own child on the gym floor, which is a great opportunity to play, engage and have lots of FUN exploring gymnastics with your child.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0221947960
6 Otaki Street **Note: Google maps takes you to the wrong location if you type in 6 Otaki Street! we are one block down from Bunnings next door to New Zealand Brush Co
A semi-structured session for children aged between 18 months-5 years. The term fee is $99.
- Wednesday 10.00-11.00am
- Thursday 10.00-11.00am
- Friday 10.00-11.00am
- Saturday 9:00-10:00
- Sunday 10.00-11.00am
- Sunday 11.00-12 pm
Similar to Tumbling Tots but dedicated to children aged between 3.5 and 5 years. The term fee is $99.
- Wednesday 11.15-12:15pm
These are 60 minute classes for independent 4-5 year olds to attend without parent participation to build confidence in participating in a small group, we have a ratio of 1:7. Parents watch from the seating area.
Within these classes children will learn:
- Fundamental Gymnastic skills to develop spring, landing, rotation, balance and coordination
- Basic trampoline safety
- Participation in fun group games/activities at the start and end of the session
- Explore a fundamental movement pattern in the warm-up
- Age-appropriate circuit activities
Kiwi Flyers is a stepping stone into GYMFun and a great progression from our KinderGYM / Tumbling Tots programmes. The term fee for this class is $140.
- Wednesday 3.30-4.30pm at 256B Vogel Street
- Thursday 11.15-12.15pm at 6 Otaki Street
- Thursday 3.30-4.30pm at 256B Vogel Street
- Friday 11.15-12.15pm at 6 Otaki Street.
Please note classes will only run if we receive sufficient registrations. All play gym classes run alongside the school term. We do not run classes during the school holidays
Group bookings are a fantastic opportunity for a fun, action-packed outing for kindergartens, early child care centres, play centres, home-based care groups and parent centres. Group bookings are available during school hours - please contact us for availability
One hour structured Playgym session run by a qualified DGA coach
Cost: Up to 15 children $90 16-30 children $115
For more information on group bookings please email email@example.com